Sunday, December 12, 2010

Marbled Green Tea Yogurt Cake


Just a quick post from what I've tried a few weeks ago.  I saw this recipe in Fine Cooking, but instead of regular yogurt cake I added green tea powder and marbled the appearance.  I didn't make a new ganache since I had some leftover.  Overall, it was an okay cake, the texture was not as I expected; it was a bit dense.  It sure looks pretty on photos though.
greenteayogurtcake-1


greenteayogurtcake-1-2


The recipe can be found here.  To get the marbled green tea appearance, divide 1/3 of the batter and add the green tea powder into it.  Pour the white batter into pan, drop the green tea batter into it, and swirl the batter with a butter knife.  This cake is best eaten after it is baked.

2 comments:

  1. I love dessert with green tea. This cake looks sensational. Beautiful clicks!

    Yes, green tea offers both incredible taste & color to any dessert

    ReplyDelete